Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Melatonin Dreams and Chapter 3

So before I add another chapter to the "work in progress" I'd like to share few details from my  latest melatonin induced dream.  I've had many and every time I wake up drenched with sweat I always tell myself to write the dream down. With no fail, I forget the events within 10 minutes of consciousness.  I'm telling you these dreams are movie worthy.  Steven Spielberg would die to be a part of this coma induced mastermind. 



So, what I remember of the dream, which had my heart racing in panic had something to do with amputating my legs.  I can't make any sense of why my legs had to go but it was clear to the Doctors in my hallucination that this was what would save my life.  I was naturally anxious about the circumstance but especially because the Dr argued with me that he could only do it under general anesthetic.  I protested thinking I was no professional but they even knocked me out for my wisdom teeth so why was this reading lower on the serious-surgery-meter?  The general visit to the Dr had become my personal version of one of the SAW movies and the Dr called me a "pussy" for requesting to be put under for the procedure.  Wimpy or not I didn't find it to be an absurd request.   Holy Melatonin.  I love that it allows me the sleep I can't find on my own but OMG!!  Does anyone else have similar experiences? 

Don't forget to check out the 2nd tab (up top) for the full story as I update it...


Chapter 3


      It pained Drea to have to leave her friends and walk back to the farmhouse.  She fought back the tears and the strong lump that formed in her throat.  If she could just get through the night she would be with her friends in the morning.  Drea reached the porch of the farmhouse and started up the rotting steps.  “Young lady, I was in the field today.  Who were you talking to?”  Drea’s heart began pounding at such a rapid pace it felt as if it would tear right through her tiny chest.  “Mother, you startled me.”  muttered the frightened child.

      It was no use.  Each time her parents would question who she was talking to, her honesty would land her in the attic, locked up for days with no food.  She would sob and plead time and again; promising that she was not telling lies.  She begged to be released from her room but they wouldn’t budge.  Animals don’t talk and there certainly are no such things as fairies.

      Drea would not speak to her forest friends for a very long time.  Despite several failed rescues, the child was left to fend for herself.  Her parents were not taking kindly to the wild animals on their property and rigged an arsenal of traps and torture devices.  The innocent girl had no inkling of evil; yet.  Drea’s parents were a very religious folk and had begun to believe their flesh and blood was a demonic creature which they needed to escape from as soon as possible.

      At the tender age of sixteen Drea, being the innocent and naïve adolescent that she was, had been forced into an arranged marriage by her religiously devout parents.  The chosen man was a chameleon like being.  To Drea’s parents, he appeared saintly; almost god-like.  Someone who their sinister daughter needed to be inspired by.  To Drea’s dismay, she would soon find that the angelic man, whom her parent’s praised, was nothing but darkness. 

      Not long after the marriage, Drea’s parents disappeared and were never to be seen again.  Even though Drea was treated as no child should ever have to experience from their own parents, it was what she knew.  The unfortunate abandonment drove the young girl deeper into the arms of the rabid creature she now called her husband.

      Three months later, the young woman became with child and later realized that she was carrying twin fetuses.  Not long after the marriage, it became painfully obvious to Drea that her dreams of freedom and happiness would continue to abandon her.  She had become accustomed to her Parents cold shoulder and judgment but never experienced physical pain until now.  The abuse and torture was too much to bear for the young women.  Flashbacks of her friends from the forest where the only thing holding the expectant mother together.  The only ounce of happiness she had ever known.  This feeling is what she had been searching for, for what seemed like an eternity.  To be loved.  To laugh.  To smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment