Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Multiple Personality Disorder, Mean Girls, Dear Diary

I'm going to propose a different way of doing this.  Not to you... I'm talking to myself here trying to figure out the best format.  

I'll list everything in order as a story should read under the tab (above) "The Story...a work in progress".  Each time I edit, or add to the story, I'll also include it in a blog entry.  This way, anyone who cares, will know where I left off or what has changed. That's today's plan. 

So, I'm re reading my "work in progress" - adding, editing, removing, cringing, laughing...oh boy.  This reminds me of when I use to keep a diary as a little girl.  I actually had several bright colored, top secret journals that could only be opened with a special little key.  So I thought.  




I have never been consistent with my journaling.  I was good about filling out the first 2-3 pages before boredom settled in.  I would even change it up with different handwriting styles. As a kid, my handwriting always leaned a little more towards the right (I think the more traditional way - because I was a good kid and did what my writing teacher told me to do) but I remember the friends whose words slanted way to the left...now those girls were cool with their awesome handwriting and mile high teased bangs. I wanted to be like them so bad but my bangs were always so short...why?! 


To read my diary you'd think I was suffering from multiple personality disorder based on the 4-5 different writing styles (all caps, left slanted, right slanted, cursive, print) all in one entry.  The diaries are long gone but I can still picture my writings of secret crushes or the mean girls who sent me home crying in my pillow.  I remember a boy pushing me down on the cement as I walked home from jr. high and my Mom convincing me he must "like" me.  Hooray for the acceptance of violence I guess.  Love hurts? 

Anyway, here's the virtual diary.  Maybe no one will read this but I've heard it's a healthy way to express what's inside. 


2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes, the perpetually cool girls with the designer clothes, and mile-high fringe. I remember them well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If thats you with the short hair....your beautiful!

    ReplyDelete